The Pretty Peplum Top is a feminine and figure flattering style that gives a nice waistline illusion and hides any hip and tummy "scallops". This style is a lesson in proportion - the top looks great on a wide variety of figures when the waistline and flare are in the proper places - and Pamela's Patterns will show you how it's accomplished! The neckline features variations including jewel, scoop or keyhole. Multiple sleeve options including cap, three quarter and long sleeve makes this top seasonless. Made from a knit fabric; it is easy and fast to construct on a sewing machine or serger.
Pamela's Patterns are designed with the most common fit alterations built right in - high round back, forward shoulder, full bust option, extra hip/tummy room, and a great fit in the neck and shoulder.
Suggested Fabrics: Good quality knit fabric including cotton, polyester, rayon, blends with lycra, ponte or sweater knits.
Tip: Stretch fabric to make sure it snacps back to the original length. If it doesn't, don't use it!
Fabric Required:2 1/4 yd. of 60" wide fabric
- Good quality polyester thread
- Knit Stay Tape (neckline & Waistline)
- Woven Stay Tape (shoulders)
- Double Sided Fusible Stay Tape (hem)
- For Keyhole Neckline - small button, elastic cord or elastic hair tie (they clome in a variety of colors), 6"x5" piece of Perfect Fuse Light interfacing