Knits for Real People$35
Sue Neall, Pati Palmer, and Palmer/Pletsch instructors worldwide provide fitting and sewing how-tos for today’s modern knits, with hundreds of real people photos for illustration. Learn how to achieve a custom fit using any pattern, not just those designed for knits. Knits for Real People shows you how to buy the right size pattern and make the most important alterations. Yes, it’s OK to have darts if you need them—or redesign them as ease, gathers, tucks, or double darts.
Besides fitting, this comprehensive guide covers:
- Knit fabric types
- Grainline, layout, and cutting
- Needles, notions, and stabilizers
- Seaming on the sewing machine and serger, including using differential feed
- Edge finishes, such as bands, bindings, ribbing, and foldover elastic
- Elastic casings, leggings, and no-side-seam pants
- Creative embellishments, including piping, flounces, "peepers," and decorative serging.