Pamela's Patterns are known for patterns that fit a mature figure. This pattern, which includes a full length fitting and sewing DVD, will give you the tools you need to achieve a great fit using "tissue fitting" (courtesy of Palmer/Pletsch) and professional sewing construction how-to's.
- Full Back or Narrow Back pattern pieces - no more baggy backs!
- More room at the waist and tummy
- Improved dart placement
- Longer/lower back crotch seam
- Two waistband styles - Straight or contoured
- Two pocket styles - Mock Welt or Slant
- Foolproof fly front zipper
- DVD Sew-Along
- Fabrics & Notions
- Step-by-step instructions on pattern and fabric fitting
- Easy to navigate with specific chapters
- Fittings shown on "real" women
- Step-by-step instruction on sewing construction
- How to turn your Classic Pants into Magic Pants and Grown-Up Leggings
Classic Pants - Good quality pant weight fabric with a nice drape. Wool, wool/blend, rayon/blend, poly/blend.
Magic Pants - Pant weight stretch woven fabric with at least 20% stretch. Rayon/poly/lycra or any woven with lycra.
Grown-Up Leggings - Double knit, ponte knit, sweatshirt knit.
Fabric Requirements: 2-1/2yds of 45" - 60" wide fabric, 1/2 yd lining or cotton fabric for the inside pocket (optional).
Pattern Fitting Supplies - Fantastic Elastic, scotch tape, 1" wide ruler, Pants For Real People by Pati Palmer and Marta Alto (optional but highly recommended!)
Classic Pants - Perfect Fuse Light Interfacting, thread, 9" (or longer) zipper, pant hook/eye, Fantastic Elastic (optional for the straight waistband)
Magic Pants and Grown-Up Leggings - Fantastic Elastic, thread