The Softly Pleated Dress is a feminine and figure flattering style that gives a nice waistline illusion - or "essence of waist" - and hides any hip and tummy "scallops". This style is a lesson in proportion - the dress looks great on a wide variety of figures when the waistline, soft pleats and skirt width are in the proper places - and Pamela's Patterns will show you how it's accomplished! The neckline features a choice of high scoop or square styles. Multiple sleeve options, including cap, three quarter, long and ruched make this dress seasonless. Made from a knit fabric, it is easy and fast to construct on a sewing machine or serger.
Pamela's Patterns are designed with the most common fit alterations built right in - high round back, forward shoulder, full bust option, extra hip/tummy room, and a great fit in the neck and shoulder.
- This Pattern is for a high bust measurement of 31"-45" The Full bust Measurement can be slightly larger
Suggested Fabrics: Good quality knit fabric including polyester, rayon, blends with lyrca, ponte or sweater knits.
Tip: Stretch the fabric to make sure it snaps back to the original length. If it doesn't, don't use it!
Fabric Required:2 1/3 yd. of 60" wide fabric
- Good quality polyester thread
- Knit Stay Tape (neckline & Waistline)
- Woven Stay Tape (shoulders)
- Double Sided Fusible Stay Tape (hem)
- 8" piece of Fantastic Elastic (ruched sleeve, optional)